New online course begins September 19, 2016:
Modern biomass boilers represent the forefront of renewable energy heat sources. Their high thermal efficiency can be further leveraged through use of modern hydronics technology. This new, self-paced, online course was developed for professionals, in partnership with HeatSpring Learning Institute, and the Biomass Thermal Energy Council. It covers the unique operating characteristics of several wood-fired boilers, and goes on to show several examples of complete systems for both residential and commercial / institutional applications. The course is a unique opportunity to learn advanced techniques and strategies from John Siegenthaler, P.E., one of the industries top technical trainers. You will be able to interact directly with John, ask questions, and interact with peers using an ongoing discussion board. The course also offers 20 AIA learning unit credits.
1. Introduction, Course Overview, Why wood?, Why hydronics?
2. Wood gasification boilers (operating characteristics & design details)
3. Pellet-fueled boilers (operating characteristics, fuel conveyance, design
4. Wood chip boilers (operating characteristics, fuel conveyance, design details)
5. Thermal storage options & sizing
6. Low temperature heat emitter options & distribution systems
7. Building blocks for modern systems (part 1)
8. Building blocks for modern systems (part 2)
9. Example systems (residential applications)
10. Example systems (commercial / municipal applications), & course summary
|For more information on the course please visit|