Whether it's simple, complex, new, or retrofit, we want you to share it!
|The System Showcase is an exceptional way to show off your creativity and finesse in design and your competence in installation. It's the only opportunity that we know of where you can share your expertise with your peers in the radiant and hydronic industry.
Winners are recognized in national publications and obviously have bragging rights for years! Projects in any of six different categories will be accepted. Private and structured judging will be performed by your peers via a secure “Members Only” section of the RPA website. Past winners have presented professionally installed systems accompanied by drawings, sizing information, before during and after pictures. Given today's climate towards Green technology, a small write up on why your system was chosen by your customer versus more traditional methods is recommended. Additionally, a study on the efficiency of your system can only help.
The July 15, 2013, deadline for entries to the System Design Showcase is rapidly approaching. To download an application, click here.
Winners will be announced at the RPA Annual System Showcase Reception to be held in Philadelphia, September 17, 2013 during RPA’s Annual Membership Meeting and Conference being held along side Mechanical Systems Week. The projects are also presented in the RADIANT LIVING magazine.
The System Showcase program recognizes the effort and hard work of RPA members in the industry through a competition where members submit their best projects. The projects are screened by a panel of industry experts and the best projects are voted on by the membership to determine which ones will be presented with awards for their achievement.
The RPA must receive all entries by July 15, 2013 for the 2013 System Showcase Event. Before you start thinking about which project you might want to submit, take a few minutes to look over the application. Please download the application, complete and submit with your photos. All submittals, both the application (.pdf) and the group of photos (.jpg) must be in digital format and burned to either CD or DVD to be accepted.
Be sure to read the instructions carefully, the rules and submittal requirements have changed. RPA Contractor Members are eligible to submit in any categories. The Innovation Category is open to all members.
1. Instructions on the entry form supercedes all other information.
2. All entries must be in digital format on a CD / DVD.
3. The entry package submitted to the RPA must contain the entry form and supporting documents in .pdf with all of the information filled in and digital photos in .jpg. Failure to follow this format will automatically disqualify the entry.
4. Submit only one project on a DVD / CD.
5. Fill out the application completely as instructed.
6. Do not submit more information or materials than requested and use only this form.
7. Do not insert your application and photos in a binder, presentation folder or photo album. Digital format for everything.
8. Provide the project owner or contact name information as indicated for verification of the job (confidential by RPA Director)
Deadline: RPA must receive everything by July 15, 2013
Tips for submitting an award-winning project:
• Fill out your application completely
• Provide neatly drawn schematics
• Include a detailed description of the project
• Take before, during, and after photos
• Make sure your installation has a professional appearance and design
1. RPA Contractor Members are eligible to submit in any categories. The Innovation Category is open to all members.
2. You must not have won an Award for the last two years in the category you submit.
3. The project you submit must be operational at the time it is submitted.
SCREENING and JUDGING procedure
Entries are judged by your peers after being screened by a board of reviewers familiar with the industry. Judges can only evaluate the project on what the entrant submits.
• Presentation: Completeness of the Showcase application / Project description / During & Finished Photos/ CAD or neatly drawn schematics /Appearance and adherence to instructions
• Technical Merit: Proper application of equipment / Workmanship
• Impression: Appropriate Professional design / Appearance of installation
Each year the projects are presented in the RADIANT LIVING magazine and award presentations are made at the Showcase Awards Reception as part of the RPA Annual Membership Meeting and Conference.
We look forward to seeing the innovative and exceptional Radiant Projects our members have installed.
CONTACT RPA'S DIRECTOR OF TECHNICAL SERVICES IS YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS: 708-995-3001 OR EMAIL: Mark.Eatherton@RadiantProfessionalsAlliance.org
REVIEW THE 2013 COMPETITION HERE: